What You’ll Do
- Visit the 2 remaining temples of the ancient citadel of Hoa Lu
- Enjoy a 3-hour boat trip along the Boi River
- Marvel at the magical karst formations on the way to Ninh Binh
What to Expect
The first temple at the site is dedicated to Dinh Tien Hoang, also known as Dinh Bo Linh, an Emperor from the Dinh Dynasty. The second temple commemorates the rulers of the Le Dynasty.
Dinh Bo Linh successfully conquered Vietnam’s first independent rulers, who belonged to the Ngo Dynasty. On the death of Dinh Bo Linh in 980, General Le Hoan wisely married Dinh’s widow, established the Le Dynasty, and enlarged the citadel.
You’ll head onward to Tam Coc, where you’ll board a boat for a 3-hour trip along the Boi River. This area is rightly often referred to as Halong Bay on Land due to the similar karst topography.
After the boat trip you’ll return to Hanoi, arriving in the early evening.
- Admission fees
- Transfer by air-conditioned vehicle
- Fully escorted by English-speaking guide
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, bar, drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Hanoi accommodation costs
For more information about Ninh Binh tours, please visit our website. Have a nice trip!